Rockville, MD, March 31, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
MacroGenics, Inc. (NASDAQ: MGNX), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing innovative monoclonal antibody-based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, as well as autoimmune disorders and infectious diseases, today announced the presentation of eight nonclinical posters based on its molecules and antibody-based technologies at the 2017 American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C. Three of these posters are being presented by the Company's collaboration partners, Janssen Research & Development, LLC and ImmunoGen, Inc.
"MacroGenics' record of antibody-based therapeutic innovation continues," said Scott Koenig, M.D., Ph.D., President and CEO of MacroGenics. "Beyond our broad, growing pipeline of clinical assets across immuno-oncology and autoimmune disorders today, we have maintained our investment in preclinical research to yield our future product candidates for delivering therapeutics to patients in need. The posters featured at AACR reflect advances in our DART® and TRIDENT™ multi-specific platform technologies, including the ability to target multiple checkpoints with a single recombinant molecule and T cell-mediated cytotoxic mechanisms as well as the deployment of multiple linker-drug conjugate technologies with novel cancer targets. I'm very excited about the potential for each of these programs."
MacroGenics AACR 2017 Poster Presentations
Each of the posters featured at AACR relating to a MacroGenics-developed molecule are described below and after their presentation at AACR, may be accessed under "Events & Presentations" in the Investors section of the Company's website at http://ir.macrogenics.com/events.cfm.
- B7-H3-targeted Antibody-drug Conjugate: "Preclinical Development of a Duocarmycin-Based Antibody-Drug Conjugate (ADC) Targeting B7-H3 for Solid Cancer" (presentation date is Sunday, April 2 from 1:00 — 5:00pm ET; poster section 2, board #23).
- ADAM9 ADC: "ADAM9: Target Validation, Antibody Discovery and Preclinical Data Supporting ADAM9 as an Antibody-Drug Conjugate Therapeutic Target for Solid Tumors" (presentation date is Sunday, April 2 from 1:00 — 5:00pm ET; poster section 2, board #19).
- ADAM9 ADC: "Novel Antibody-Drug Conjugates Targeting ADAM9-expressing Solid Tumors Demonstrate Potent Preclinical Activity" (presentation date is Sunday, April 2 from 1:00 — 5:00pm ET; poster section 2, board #18). This poster is being presented by ImmunoGen, Inc.
- CD137 DART: "Tumor-Antigen Expression-Dependent Activation of the CD137 Costimulatory Pathway by Bispecific DART Proteins" (presentation date is Tuesday, April 4 from 8:00am — 12:00pm ET; poster section 26, board #15).
- PD-1 x CTLA-4 DART: "Co-targeting PD-1 and CTLA-4 Inhibitory Pathways with Bispecific DART and TRIDENT Molecules" (presentation date is Tuesday, April 4 from 8:00am — 12:00pm ET; poster section 26, board #10).
- Duvortuxizumab (MGD011): "Potent Antitumor Activity of Duvortuxizumab, a CD19 x CD3 DART Molecule, in Lymphoma Models" (presentation date is Tuesday, April 4 from 8:00am — 12:00pm ET; poster section 26, board #9). This poster is being presented by Janssen.
- Duvortuxizumab (MGD011): "Quantitative Prediction of Human Pharmacokinetics for Duvortuxizumab from Cynomolgus Monkey Data: a Translational Pharmacokinetic Modeling Approach" (presentation date is Tuesday, April 4 from 1:00 — 5:00pm ET; poster section 3, board #29). This poster is being presented by Janssen.
- 5T4 x CD3 DART: "A 5T4 x CD3 Bispecific DART Molecule with Extended Half-life for T-cell Immunotherapy of Cancers" (presentation date is Tuesday, April 4 from 1:00 — 5:00pm ET; poster section 26, board #23).
About MacroGenics, Inc.
MacroGenics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing innovative monoclonal antibody-based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, as well as autoimmune disorders and infectious diseases. The Company generates its pipeline of product candidates primarily from its proprietary suite of next-generation antibody-based technology platforms. The combination of MacroGenics' technology platforms and protein engineering expertise has allowed the Company to generate promising product candidates and enter into several strategic collaborations with global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. For more information, please see the Company's website at www.macrogenics.com. MacroGenics, the MacroGenics logo, DART and TRIDENT are trademarks or registered trademarks of MacroGenics, Inc.
Cautionary Note on Forward-Looking Statements
Any statements in this press release about future expectations, plans and prospects for the Company, including statements about the Company's strategy, future operations, clinical development of the Company's therapeutic candidates, milestone or opt-in payments from the Company's collaborators, the Company's anticipated milestones and future expectations and plans and prospects for the Company and other statements containing the words "subject to", "believe", "anticipate", "plan", "expect", "intend", "estimate", "project", "may", "will", "should", "would", "could", "can", the negatives thereof, variations thereon and similar expressions, or by discussions of strategy constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: the uncertainties inherent in the initiation and enrollment of future clinical trials, expectations of expanding ongoing clinical trials, availability and timing of data from ongoing clinical trials, expectations for regulatory approvals, other matters that could affect the availability or commercial potential of the Company's product candidates and other risks described in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In addition, the forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views only as of the date hereof. The Company anticipates that subsequent events and developments will cause the Company's views to change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as may be required by law. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date hereof.
Contacts: Jim Karrels, Senior Vice President, CFO MacroGenics, Inc. 1-301-251-5172, email@example.com Karen Sharma, Senior Vice President MacDougall Biomedical Communications 1-781-235-3060, firstname.lastname@example.org